1. The Copywriter
I’m a lifetime member of a very exclusive Club; the “Engineers Who Can Actually Write Club”… apologies to any Engineers reading this.
Crafting persuasive copy is an art. But it also follows a well-defined structure. My Engineering-trained brain loves structure.
Copywriting and Engineering are a perfect fit. Both need a similar skill set:
- Goals and thorough planning. Without these, nothing gets done.
- Research, research and more research. There is simply no substitute for gathering all the facts.
- An enquiring mind. Keep asking questions until all possibilities are exhausted.
- Digging deeper for all the facts. Often the best gems are buried deep in the ground.
- Sceptical of statements not backed by proof. A statement without proof is meaningless.
- Organisation. Being organised and methodical is critical to achieving the best results.
- Contingency plans. Sometimes it’s best to back out and go to Plan B.
- Revision. Continually revising a draft until it’s the best it can be.
- Clear, simply written content. Unnecessary jargon and any form of corporate-speak are simply not on.
The end result? Web content that explains exactly what the product is and /or does in everyday language. Web content to capture and maintain your prospect’s attention from start to finish. Go here to see some examples.
2. The Off-Roader & Camper
Remote travel, off-roading, camping – and all it encompasses – is my passion. Living simply and focussing on the big picture, rather than being caught up in trivial matters.
If there is anything – and I mean anything – better than:
- Camping in the middle of nowhere… not another soul within a 100km radius…
- Finding a spindly, knarled old tree in the desert… and being excited to find “shade” in the 47 °C heat…
- Deciding to travel a back road on a whim… with a sign at either end saying simply, “Next Fuel 560km”…
- Lying in an open swag at night, gazing at the stars…
- Being woken at dawn by a cacophony of birds in the trees above our camper trailer…
- Witnessing a massive dust storm rolling across the desert… being both terrified and enthralled at the same time…
- Gazing at 20,000 year old Aboriginal rock art and imagining how different their world was…
…well, I’m yet to find it.
Contact me for all your Off-Road and Camping web content needs.